A Note on the Effectiveness of the Least Squares Consensus Clustering
We develop a consensus clustering framework proposed three decades ago in Russia and experimentally demonstrate that our least squares consensus clustering algorithm consistently outperforms several recent consensus clustering methods.
KeywordsConsensus clustering Ensemble clustering Least squares
This work was supported by the research grant “Methods for the analysis and visualization of texts” No. 13-05-0047 under The National Research University Higher School of Economics Academic Fund Program in 2013.
- 2.Cherny, L.B.: The method of the partition space in the analysis of categorical features. A Ph.D. thesis, Institute of Control Problems, Moscow (1973) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 3.Cherny, L.B.: Relationship between the method of the partition space and other methods of data analysis. In: Mirkin, B. (ed.) Issues in Analysis of Complex Systems, pp. 84–89. Nauka, Novosibirsk (1974) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 8.Mirkin, B.G.: A new approach to the analysis of sociology data. In: Voronov, Y. (ed.) Measurement and Modeling in Sociology, pp. 51–61. Nauka, Novosibirsk (1969) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 9.Mirkin, B.G.: Analysis of Categorical Features, 166 pp. Statistika, Moscow (1976) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 12.Mirkin, B., Muchnik, I.: Geometrical interpretation of clustering scoring functions. In: Mirkin, B. (ed.) Methods for the Analysis of Multivariate Data in Economics, pp. 3–11. Nauka, Novosibirsk (1981) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 13.Netlab Neural Network software. http://www.ncrg.aston.ac.uk/netlab/index.php. Accessed 1 Dec (2013)
- 14.Sevillano, X., Socoro, J.C., Alias, F.: Fuzzy clusterers combination by positional voting for robust document clustering. Procesamiento del lenguaje Nat. 43, 245–253 (2009)Google Scholar
- 16.Topchy, A., Jain, A.K., Punch, W.: A mixture model for clustering ensembles. In Proceedings SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (2004)Google Scholar
- 17.Wang, H., Shan, H., Banerjee, A.: Bayesian cluster ensembles. In: Proceedings of the Ninth SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, pp. 211–222 (2009)Google Scholar