The regulation of body weight is dependent upon a balance between nutrient intake and utilization, though there are other important factors (Figure 10.1).
KeywordsSugar Sucrose Arginine Alanine Renin
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Beets, M.G.J. (1978) Structure Activity Relationships in Human Chemoreception, Applied Science Publishers Ltd, London.Google Scholar
- Coulante, T.P. (1984) Food and the Chemistry of its Components, Royal Society of Chemistry, London.Google Scholar
- Dobbing, J. (ed.) (1987) Sweetness, ILSI Human Nutrition Reviews, Springer-Verlag, London.Google Scholar
- Getchell, T.V., Batoshuk, L.M., Doty, R.L. and Snow, J.B. (1991) Smell and Taste in Health and Disease, Raven Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Patterson, R.L.S., Charlwood, B.V., MacLeod, G. and Williams, A.A. (1992) Bioformation of Tastes, Royal Society of Chemistry, Cambridge.Google Scholar
- Walters, D.E., Orthoefer, F.T. and DuBois, G.E (eds) (1991) Sweeteners, Molecular Design and Chemoreception, ACS Symposium Series 450, American Chemical Society, Washington DC.Google Scholar
- Dawson, D. (ed.) (1995) Intestinal mucins. Annual Review of Physiology, 57, 547–636.Google Scholar
- Dollery, C. (1991) Drugs, Churchill-Livingstone, Edinburgh.Google Scholar
- British Nutrition Foundation’s Task Force Report (1990) Complex Carbohydrates in Foods, Chapman & Hall, London.Google Scholar
- Englyst, H.N. and Kingman, S.M. (1990) Dietary fiber and resistant starch. A nutritional classification of plant polysaccharides, in Dietary Fiber (eds D. Kritchevsky, C. Bonfield and J.W. Anderson), Plenum Publishing, New York.Google Scholar
- Jenkins, D.G.A., Wolever, T.M.S. and Taylor, R.H. et al. (1981) Glycemic index of foods: a physiological basis for carbohydrate exchange. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 34, 362–6.Google Scholar
- Johnson, L.R., Alpers, D.H., Christensen, J., Jacobson, E.D. and Walsh, J.H. (1994) Physiology of the Gastrointestinal Tract. Raven Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Levin, R.J. (1989) Dietary starches and sugars in man: a comparison, in Human Nutrition Reviews; ILSI Europe (ed. J. Dobbing), Springer-Verlag, London.Google Scholar
- Matthews, D.M. (1991) Protein Absorption, Development and Present State of the Subject, Wiley-Liss, New York.Google Scholar
- Farquharson, J., Cockburn, F., Patrick, W. A., Jamieson, E.C. and Logan, R.W. (1992) Infant cerebral cortex phospholipid fatty-acid composition and diet. British Medical journal, 340, 810–13.Google Scholar
© Martin Eastwood 1997