Varieties of Algebras with no Nontrivial Finite Members
- 241 Downloads
New examples of varieties with no nontrivial finite members given in this paper improve some earlier results or answer some open questions in this area. In particular, a generalization of Marczewski’s problem presented at the International Algebra Conference in Lisbon, June 88, is shown to have a solution in the negative.
KeywordsVariety Versus Finite Type Unary Algebra Universal Algebra Finite Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Dudek, , Polynomially infinite varieties of algebras I, Math. Inst. Univ. Wroclaw, Preprint no 30.Google Scholar
- J. Dudek, , A note on models of identities, Algebra Universalis, 25, 400-401.Google Scholar
- J. Dudek and A. Kisielewicz, [a], On finite models of regular identities, Notre Dame J. Formal Logic, to appear.Google Scholar
- A. Kisielewicz, , Marczewsk’s problem on algebras with bases of different cardinalities — solution and generalization, Bull. Acad. Pol. Sci., Sér. Sci. Math. Astr. Phys., to appear.Google Scholar
- A. Kisielewicz, [a], On algebras with bases of different cardinalities, Fund. Math., to appear.Google Scholar
- W. Taylor, , Equational Logic, Houston J. Math., survey iss.Google Scholar