Semigroup Graded Rings and Jacobson Rings
- 243 Downloads
We study when some graded rings are Jacobson rings. In particular we obtain that rings strongly graded either by a polycyclic-by-finite group, or by an abelian group of finite torsion free rank are Jacobson rings in case the identity component is a left Noetherian Jacobson ring. For monoid rings R[S] of abelian monoids of finite rank the same result holds without R being left Noetherian.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. Bergman, Homogeneous elements and prime ideals in ℤ-graded rings, preprint.Google Scholar
- A.J. Clifford, G.B. Preston, The algebraic theory of semigroups, Vol. I, Math. Surveys Amer. Math. Soc. 7, Providence R.I., 1961.Google Scholar
- M. Ferrero, E. Jespers, E.R. Puczylowski, Prime ideals of graded rings and related matters, to appear.Google Scholar
- R. Gilmer, Commutative Semigroup Rings, The University of Chicago, 1984.Google Scholar
- J. Okninski, Commutative monoid rings with Krull dimensions, Lecture Notes in Math. 1320, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1988, 251–259.Google Scholar