D.A.C. Device for the Characterisation of the Pressure-Dependence of Superconducting Transitions
- 136 Downloads
We describe an experimental setup devoted to the study of superconducting transitions under hydrostatic high pressure. The setup combines a miniature Diamond Anvil Cell, ruby fluorescence-scale for measuring the pressure, and helium used as a pressure transmitting medium. Pressure homogeneity and shear stress free conditions were checked. Superconducting transitions are detected using an A.C. susceptibility technique. Two illustrative studies are presented: 1) the comparison of Tc(P) for lead under hydrostatic and non-hydrostatic conditions and 2) preliminary results for Tc(P) of the heavy-fermion superconductor CeCu2Si2.
KeywordsHydrostatic High Pressure Superconducting Transition Temperature Diamond Anvil Cell Pressure Homogeneity Detection Coil
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C.D. Motchenbacher and F.C. Fitchen, “Low Noise Electronic Design”, ed. John Wiley & Sons, 10 (1973).Google Scholar
- L.D. Landau, E.M. Lifshitz and L.P. Pitaevskii, “Electrodynamics of continuous media”, ed. Oxford Pergamon Press, 208-210 (1984).Google Scholar
- Ibid, 121-123.Google Scholar
- J.Y. Henry, private communication.Google Scholar
- A. Eichler, K.R. Harms and F.W. Shaper, Physica B, 165&166, 353 (1990).Google Scholar