Exact Results and Conjectures on the Adiabatic Holstein-Hubbard Model at Large Electron-Phonon Coupling
- 386 Downloads
Some of the essential aspects of the propagation of electrons in solids are modelled by the simple Holstein-Hubbard model. It is a one band model that involves schematically the basic interactions between the electrons and the lattice. The Coulomb interactions of the electrons with the ions of the lattice are represented by linear on-site electron phonon couplings while the direct Coulomb electron-electron interactions are represented only by their local component as on-site Hubbard repulsions. The direct interactions between the ions of the lattice, including their Coulomb interactions, are represented phenomenologically by an elastic deformation potential.
KeywordsCharge Density Wave Adiabatic Approximation Electron Phonon Coupling Small Polaron Spin Density Wave
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aubry S. and Quemerais P. 1989 in Low Dimensional Electronic Properties of Molybdenum Bronzes and Oxides 295-405 Editor Claire SCHLENKER Kluwer Acad. Pub. GroupGoogle Scholar
- Aubry S. 1991 in Microscopic Aspects of Non-Linearity in... 105-114 ed. A.R. Bishop, V.L. Pokrovsky and V. Tognetti NATO ASI Series, Series B 264 PlenumGoogle Scholar
- —— 1993(a) in Phase separation in Cuprate Superconductors Edited K.A.Müller and G. Benedek World Scientific Pub. (the Science and Culture Series-Physics) 304-334Google Scholar
- — 1993(b) in J. Physique IV colloque C2, 3 349–355 (1993)Google Scholar
- —— 1994(a) The Concept of Anti-Integrability Applied to... Physica D in pressGoogle Scholar
- —— 1994(b) in Proceeding of Chaos, Order and Patterns: Aspects of Nonlinearity Corno Sept 1993 Ed. G. Casati Physica D to appearGoogle Scholar
- Aubry S. and Kuhn C. Polaronic Localisation of an Electron in a Discrete Lattice and in a Magnetic Field in preparation Baesens C. and MacKay 1994 in NonLinearity in pressGoogle Scholar
- Emin D. 1982 Physics Today June 1982 p.34Google Scholar
- Kuhn C. and Aubry S. 1994 Devil’s Staircase in the Zeeman Response in the one-dimensional Half-filled adiabatic Holstein Model Submitted to J. Phys. Cond. matterGoogle Scholar
- Lebovitz J. and Macris N.1994 “Low Temperature Phases of...” Submitted to J. Stat. Phys. Google Scholar
- Raimbault J.L and Aubry S. Phase Separation in One-Dimensional Bipolaronic CDWs in preparationGoogle Scholar