The Role of Syk in Cell Signaling
- 81 Downloads
Many multichain antigen receptors on the surfaces of immune cells signal by stimulating the phosphorylation of key intracellular proteins on tyrosine. This occurs even though the transmembrane components of the receptors themselves lack intrinsic enzymic activity. Instead, these receptors associate with and signal through cytoplasmic proteintyrosine kinases. These kinases are now known to include members of a new family of proteins for which the prototype is a recently discovered enzyme known as p72 syk .
KeywordsAntigen Receptor Cell Antigen Receptor Murine Spleen Antigen Receptor Complex Molecular Weight Precursor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.K. Sakai, S.-i. Nakamura, K. Sada, T. Kobayashi, H. Uno, and H. Yamamura, Characterization of partially purified cytosolic protein-tyrosine kinase from porcine spleen, Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun..Google Scholar
- 9.T. Taniguchi, T. Kobayashi, J. Kondo, K. Takahashi, H. Nakamura, J. Suzuki, K. Nagai, T. Yamada, S. Nakamura and H. Yamamura, Molecular cloning of a porcine gene Syk that encodes a 72-kDa protein-tyrosine kinase showing high susceptibility to proteolysis, J. Biol. Chem. 266:15790 (1991).PubMedGoogle Scholar
- 14.P.A. Kiener, B.M. Rankin, A.L. Burkhardt, G.L. Shieven, L.K. Gilliland, R.G. Rowley, J.B. Bolen, and J.A. Ledbetter, Cross-linking of Fcγ receptor I (FcyRI) and receptor II (FcγRII) on monocytic cells activates a signal transduction pathway common to both Fc receptors that involves the stimulation of p72 Syk protein tyrosine kinase, J. Biol Chem. 268:24442 (1993).PubMedGoogle Scholar
- 17.M.L. Harrison, C.C. Isaacson, D.L. Burg, R.L. Geahlen, and P.S. Low, Phosphorylation of human erythrocyte band 3 by endogenous p72syk, J. Biol. Chem. (1993) In Press.Google Scholar
- 30.W. Kolanus, C. Romeo, and B. Seed, T cell activation by clustered tyrosine kinases, Cell 74:171-183.Google Scholar