An Elementary approach to Integrability Condition for the Euler Equations on Lie Algebra so(4)
The completely elementary derivation of the Manakov integrability condition of the Euler equations on the Lie algebra so(4) is given. Four functionally independent first integrals are written explicitly for all values of parameters. Some simple cases of partial integrability are found.
KeywordsEuler Equation Invariant Manifold Nonlinear Evolution Equation Geodesic Flow Bulgarian Academy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Yu.A. Arkhangelskii, Analytical dynamics of the rigid body (in Russian), Nauka, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 6.O.I. Bogoyavlensky, Integrable Euler Equations on Six-Dimensional Lie Algebras, Doklady Akad. Nauk USSR, (in Russian) 268, 11–15 (1983). English transl. Soviet Math. Doklady, 27, Nl, 1-5 (1983).Google Scholar
- 13.A.M. Perelomov, Integrable systems of classical mechanics and Lie algebras. The motion of rigid body with fixed point (in Russian), Preprints of Inst. of Theor. Exper. Phys., Moscow 147 (1983).Google Scholar
- 15.S.I. Popov, On the existence of depending on p, q, r, γ first integral of the Euler-Poisson system, Theoretical and Applied Mechanics. (Bulgarian Academy of Sciences), (in Bulgarian), 2, 28–33 (1981).Google Scholar
- 17.S.I. Popov, On the non-existence of a new first integral (p, q, r, γ, γ′) = const of the problem of a heavy rigid body motion about a fixed point, Theoretical and Applied Mechanics. (Bulgarian Academy of Sciences), (in Russian), 4, 17–23 (1988).Google Scholar