The three-wave Interaction of four waves Revisited: A Lax Pair and Possibly General Solution
The nonlinear resonant interaction of coherent waves is a fundamental process in the study of wave phenomena which has received a great deal of attention in its many aspects (Kaup et al., 1979; Craik, 1985; Ablowitz and Clarkson, 1991; and references therein).
KeywordsHamiltonian System Elliptic Function Laurent Series Explosive Instability Autonomous Ordinary Differential Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aristov, V.V., Karplyuk, K.S., and Pavlenko, V.P., 1972, Coupling effects of three-wave interaction on development of explosive instability, Ukrain. Phys. J. 17: 307.Google Scholar
- Davidson, R.C., 1972, “Methods in Nonlinear Plasma Theory”, Academic Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Karplyuk, K.S., Oraevskii, V.N., and Pavlenko, V.P., Dynamics of the nonlinear interaction of MHD waves, Plasma Phys. 15: 113.Google Scholar
- Ramani, A., Grammaticos, B., and Bountis, T., The Painlevé property and singularity analysis of integrable and non-integrable systems, Phys. Rep. 180: 159.Google Scholar
- Rauch-Wojciechowski, S., 1990, Hamiltonian structures and complete integrability in analytical mechanics, in “Soliton Theory: A Survey of Results”, A.P. Fordy, ed., Manchester University Press, Manchester.Google Scholar
- Romeiras, F.J., 1993, to be published.Google Scholar