UV Laser-Induced Metallization of Polyimide from Electroplating Solution
The feasibility of direct deposition of gold from an organic gold plating solution (1.0g HAuCl4 in 50ml ethanol) on “Kapton H” polyimide substrates was demonstrated. Specimens immersed in the solution were exposed to UV laser irradiation at 24nsec pulse duration and 193nm wavelength.
KeywordsGold Layer Bubble Diameter Bubble Surface Laser Repetition Rate Gold Solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R.F. Karlicek and V.M. Donnelly, J. Appl. Phys. 58(2). 1084–1090 (1980).Google Scholar
- 2.Y.C. Kiang, J.R. Moulic and J. Zahavi, IBM Technical Disclosure Bulletin, 26, No. 1, 327 (June 1983).Google Scholar
- 4.J. Zahavi, S. Tamir and M. Halliwell, Plating Surface Finishing, 47-64 (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.J. Zahavi, S. Tamir and M. Halliwell, Laser gold deposition on polyimide, Proceedings Interfinish 1984, 11th World Congress on Metal Finishing, Jerusalem, Israel, 497, (October 21–26, 1984). Published by International Ltd., 10 Rothschild Blvd., 65121 Tel-Aviv, Israel.Google Scholar
- 7.R. Srinivasan and B. Braren, J. Polym. Sci., 22, 2601–2609 (1984).Google Scholar
- 12.A. Felske and J.W. Plieth, J. Opt. Soc. Amer. B3, 815 (1986).Google Scholar
- 13.D.V. Podlesnik, H.H. Gilgen, A.E. Willmer and R.M. Osgood, J. Opt. Soc. Amer., B3, No. 5, (May 1986).Google Scholar