Erotic Feelings in Therapy
Part of the fullness of the patient’s love is its imagery of the therapist as sexual partner. Why should the patient not love a therapist who consistently provides a high quality affective connection, calm clear thinking, and a reliable interest in the patient’s happiness?
KeywordsSexual Partner Heterosexual Woman Woman Therapist Sexual Feeling Psychodynamic Therapy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Frayn DH, Silberfeld M: Erotic transferences. Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, 1986, 31: 323–327.Google Scholar
- 4.Frayn DH: Intersubjective processes in psychotherapy. Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, 1990; 35 (5): 434–438.Google Scholar
- 5.American Psychiatric Association: The Principles of Medical Ethics and Annotations Especially Applicable to Psychiatry, Washington DC, American Psychiatric Association, 1989.Google Scholar
- 6.Gabbard GO: Sexual Exploitation of Patients. Washington, DC, American Psychiatric Press, 1990.Google Scholar
- 7.Gabbard GO: Psychodynamic Psychiatry in Clinical Practice. pp 437–448, American Psychiatric Press, 1990.Google Scholar