Difference of Thermoelectric Power in Single and Multiple Phase Y-Ba-Cu-O Superconductors
Since the discovery of superconductivity above 30 K by Bednorz and Müllerl and above 90 K by Wu et al.2, an ever increasing effort was made to investigate the physical properties of high-Tc ceramics. Most of the experiments report the resistivity drop and the diamagnetism as fundamental characteristics. The conclusions drawn from these effects do not, however, characterize a true physical property because of the effect of contacts and/or the superposition of simultaneous phenomena. The thermoelectric power (TEP) measurement seems to be one of the most sensitive tools to investigate the transport properties of high-Tc superconductors.
KeywordsTransport Property Thermoelectric Power Thermal Transport Property Solid State Comm Resistivity Drop
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. G. Bednorz and K. A. Müller, Possible High-Ta Superconductivity in the Ba-La-Cu-O System, Z. Phys. B64, 189 (1986)Google Scholar
- 4.I. Kirschner, J. Bankuti, M. Gal, K. Torkos, K. G. Solymos and G. Horvath, Superconductivity in a New YBaCuO Compound at 105 K, Europhys. Lett. 4, 371 (1987)Google Scholar
- 7.V. Bayot, F. Delannay, C. Dewitte, J. P. Erauw, X. Gonze, J. P. Issi, A. Jonas, M. Kinany-Alaoui, M. Lambricht, J. P. Michenaud, J. P. Minet and L. Piraux, Strong electron-phonon coupling from thermal conductivity measurements in a YBa2Cu307-type superconducting compound, Solid State Comm. 63, 983 (1987)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.R. Yaozhong, H. Xuelong, Z. Yong, Q. Yitai, C. Zuyao, W. Ruiping, and Z. Qirui, Transport properties in single phase superconductors Ba2YCu309, Solid State Comm. 64, 467 (1987)Google Scholar
- 14.U. Gottwick, R. Held, G. Sparn, F. Steglich, H. Rietschel, D. Ewert, B. Renker, W. Bauhofer, S. von Molnar, M. Wilhelm and H. E. Hoenig, Transport properties of YBa2Cu307: Resistivity, thermal conductivity, thermopower and Hall effect, Europhys. Lett. 4, 1183 (1987)Google Scholar
- 19.S. C. Lee, J. H. Lee, B. J. Suh, S. H. Moon, C. J. Lim and Z. H. Khim, Thermoelectric power and superconducting properties of Y1Ba2Cu307 and R1Ba2Cu307, preprintGoogle Scholar
- 20.T. Porjesz, T. Karman, I. Kirschner, G. Kovacs, G. Zsolt and H. Beyer, Anomalous dependence of the thermoelectric power on the temperature in Y-Ba-Cu-O high Tc superconducting samples, ICTP Reports 87 /278 (1987)Google Scholar