Aqueous and Non-Aqueous Microemulsions: A Comparison of Surfactant Association Structures
The aqueous microemulsion systems are by now fairly well described[1.2]: they have attracted a considerable attention due to the wave of interest in the tertiary oil recovery[3–5]. The phase behavior of the microemulsion systems have been related to the phases found in the well known Ekwall systems of water, surfactant and amphiphile an approach that gave simple rules for the preparation of microemulsions[7.8]. A later systematics developed by the French school made possible a treatment of multi-component systems using a less number of variables.
KeywordsSodium Dodecyl Sulfate Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate Micellar Solution Octanoic Acid Microemulsion System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. E. Friberg and R. L. Venable, Encydlopedia of Emulsion Technology 1 (4), 287 (1983).Google Scholar
- 2.I. D. Robb (Ed.) “Microemulsions”, Plenum Press, New York, (1982).Google Scholar
- 3.D. O. Shah and R. S. Schechter (Eds.), “Improved Oil Recovery by Surfactant and Polymer Flooding”, Academic Press, New York (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.D. O. Shah (Ed.), “Surface Pheonomena in Enhanced Oil Recovery”, Plenum Press, New York (1981).Google Scholar
- 6.P. Ekwall in “Advances in Liquid Crystals”, (G. H. Brown, Ed.), Academic Press, New York, (1975) P 1.Google Scholar
- 7.S. E. Friberg and I. Buraszewska, Prog. Colloid Polym. Sci. 63, 1 (1978).Google Scholar
- 10.I. Rico and A. Lattes, Nouveau J. De Chemie, 8, 424 (1984).Google Scholar
- 11.S. E. Friberg and M. Podzimek, Colloid and Polymer Sci., 262, 252 (1984).Google Scholar
- 20.S. E. Friberg and Y.-Ch. Liang, To be published.Google Scholar
- 23.M. Clausse, R. J. Sheppard, C. Boned and C. G. Essex in “Colloid and interface Science”, Vol. II, p. 233 Academic Press, New York (1976).Google Scholar
- 24.S. E. Friberg, T. D. Flaim and P. L. M. Plummer, ACS Symp. Proceedings, Washington, D.C., Series #272, pages 33–39 (1985).Google Scholar
- 26.B. Lindman, To be published.Google Scholar