Implications of Oxidation Models on the Point Defect Behavior in the Silicon Substrate
There is a strong coupling between oxidation and point defect processes in the bulk of the silicon. Some insight into the oxidation process itself can be gained by examining the interstitial generation at the Si/SiO2 interface. Oxidation models which span the growth kinetics of the oxide films and also the interstitial kinetics in the silicon substrate deserve to be taken seriously. We review some models which attempt this, and determine some essential common features of any plausible model.
KeywordsOxidation Rate Point Defect Power Dependence Flux Component Surface Recombination Velocity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Blanc, J., J. Electrochem. Soc., 1981, (1986).Google Scholar
- Fahey, P., P. B. Griffin and J. D. Plummer, to be published.Google Scholar
- Lin, A., R.W. Dutton, D.A. Antoniadis and W.A. Tiller, J. Electrochem. Soc., 128, 1124, (1983).Google Scholar
- Ghez, R., and Y. J. van der Meulen, J. Electrochem. Soc., 119, 1100, (1972).Google Scholar
- SUPREM IV Computer Code was developed in the Integrated Circuits Labo-ratory, Stanford University.Google Scholar