Phase I/II Study to Further Escalate the Dose of Carboplatin in Combination with GM-CSF in the Treatment of Refractory Ovarian Cancer
Notwithstanding substantial improvement of the results by the introduction of cisplatin and carboplatin into the treatment strategy against ovarian cancer, the majority of the patients still face a grim prognosis (1,2,3,4).
KeywordsOvarian Cancer Human Ovarian Cancer Cell Line Netherlands Cancer Institute Advanced Ovarian Carcinoma Refractory Ovarian Cancer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.J.P. Neijt, W.W. ten Bokkel Huinink, M.E.L. van der Burg, Longterm results of combination chemotherapy in advanced ovarian cancer, Proceedings of the 15th Congress of ESMO, Annals of Oncology, Vol. 1, pag. 14, abstr. p.2:22 (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.W.W. ten Bokkel Huinink, M.E.L. van der Burg, A.T. van Oosterom, et al, Longterm results of a study comparing carboplatin with cisplatin in combination chemotherapy against ovarian cancer, Proceedings 15th Congress of ESMO, Annals of Oncology, Vol.1, pag. 9, abstr. p.2:1 (1990).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.B.C. Behrends, K.R. Rotzinger, T.C. Hamilton, et al., Cytotoxicity of three cisplatin analogues in a drug sensitive and a new cisplatin resistant human ovarian cancer cell line, ASCO Proceedings (1985).Google Scholar
- 6.R.F. Ozols, Pharmacologic reversal of drug resistance in ovarian cancer, Seminars in Oncology, Vol. 12, Nr. 3, (suppl. 4, Sept.) (1985).Google Scholar
- 7.L. Levin, W. Hryniuk, Dose intensity analysis of advanced ovarian carcinoma, J. of Clin, Oncol, 5:576–681 (1986).Google Scholar
- 8.R.F. Ozols, Y. Ostchega, C.E. Myers, et al., Cisplatin in hypertonic saline in refractory ovarian cancer, J. of Clin, Oncol, 3:1246–1250 (1985).Google Scholar
- 9.W.W. ten Bokkel Huinink, S. Rodenhuis, G. Simonetti, et al., Studies with carboplatin in ovarian cancer: experience of the Netherlands Cancer Institute and GCCG of the European Organization for research and treatment of cancer. In: Carboplatin (JM-8) Current Perspectives and future directions, Edited by P.A. Bunn Jr, R. Canetta, R.F. Ozols, and M. Rozencweig, W.B Saunders company, Philadelphia (1990).Google Scholar
- 12.W.P. Steward, J.H. Scarffe, R. Austin, P. Crowther and Loynds, Phase I study of recombinant DNA granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor, Proc. ASCO: Vol. 7:189 (1988).Google Scholar