Shape Splitting from Medial Lines Using the 3–4 Chamfer Distance
Image analysis and shape description usually require to split the extracted objects into simpler components. This is mainly the case in the application field of cytology or material studies where some aggregations need to be separated into cells or seeds (see Fig. 1).
KeywordsMedial Axis Shape Description Sequential Algorithm Maximum Relative Error Connection Point
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Serra, “Image Analysis and Mathematical Morphology”, Academic Press, London (1989).Google Scholar
- 2.A. Montanvert and D. Adelh, Tools for shape complexity evaluation and associated decomposition processes, 5th ICIAP, September 1989, Positano (Italy), Published in Progress in Image Analysis and Processing: 348-355 (1990).Google Scholar
- 4.P.E. Danielsson, Euclidean distance mapping, CGIP 14: 227–248 (1980).Google Scholar
- 5.I. Ragnemalm, The Euclidean distance transform and its implementation on SIMD architectures, 6th Scand.Conf.on Image Anal, Oulu (Finland): 379-384 (1989).Google Scholar
- 6.G. Borgefors, Distance transformations in digital images, CVGIP 34: 344–371 (1986).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Rosenfeld and A.C. Kak, “Digital image processing”, Academic Press, New-York (1982).Google Scholar
- 8.C. Arcelli and G. Sanniti di Baja, Weighted distance transforms: a characterization, in proc. of 4th Int. Conf. on IAPR, Cefalu (Italy): 205-212 (1987).Google Scholar
- 9.C. Arcelli and G. Sanniti di Baja, Finding local maxima in a pseudo-euclidean distance transform, CVGIP 43: 361–367 (1989).Google Scholar
- 12.A. Montanvert, Median line: graph representation and shape description, in proc. of 8th ICPR. Paris: 430-432 (1986).Google Scholar
- 14.F.Y. Shih and C.C. Pu, Medial axis transformation with single-pixel and connectivity preservation using euclidean distance computation, in proc. of 10th ICPR, Atlantic City: 723-725 (1990).Google Scholar
- 15.C. Arcelli and G. Sanniti di Baja, An approach to figure decomposition using width information, CVG1P 26: 61–72 (1984).Google Scholar
- 16.A. Montanvert, Graph environment from medial axis for shape manipulation, in proc. of 4th Int. Conf. on IAPR, Cefalu(Italy): 197-204 (1987).Google Scholar