Experience from a National Quality Assurance System on Radiopharmaceuticals
Safety, efficacy and uniformity are as important for radiopharmaceuticals as for other drugs. This was recognized in Denmark in the sixties and a national system established during the years 1970–74. Table one gives some statistical information as background information for a description of this national quality assurance system. The development in nuclear medicine in-vivo procedures is given in Figure one.
KeywordsGood Manufacture Practice Nuclear Medicine Department External Contamination Defect Report Hospital Preparation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K.Kristensen and E.Norbygaard (editors), Safety and efficacy of radiopharmaceuticals,Martinus Nijhoff Publishers Boston (1984).Google Scholar
- 2.K.Kristensen and E.Norbygaard (editors), Safety and efficacy of radiopharmaceuticals 1987,Martinus Nijhoff Publishers Boston (1987).Google Scholar
- 3.Good Practice in the Manufacture of Radiopharmaceuticals. A proposal put forward by a group of Pharmacists from the Nordic countries. Arch Pharm Chem 78: 1002–1009 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.Draft supplementary guidelines for the manufacture of radiopharmaceuticals April 1990 (EEC 111/3937/89-EN).Google Scholar
- 5.EFTA,Basic Standards of Good Manufacturing Practice for Pharmaceutical Products,Document PH 3/83(Revised version),EFTA Secretariat,Geneva (1983).Google Scholar
- EFTA,Guidelines for the Manufacture of Sterile Products,Annex to the Basic Standards of Good Manufacturing Practice for Pharmaceutical Products (PH 1/72),Document PH 1/81,EFTA Secretariat,Geneva(1981).Google Scholar
- 6.K.Kristensen,Th.Müller and B.A.Rhodes, Good Radiopharmacy Practice in Quality Control in Nuclear Medicine p.268–275 (editor B A Rhodes)Mosby,St.Louis(1977).Google Scholar
- 7.K.Kristensen, Preparation and Control of Radiopharmaceuticals in Hospitals, IAEA,Vienna(1979).Google Scholar
- 8.Radiopharmacy.Preparation and Control of radiopharmaceuticals in hospitals.Nordic guidelines.Nordic Council of Medicines,Uppsala(1989) (ISBN 91–86432–25–7).Google Scholar
- 9.European Association of Nuclear Medicine (1989) Newsletter 3.Eur J Nucl Med 15:11(1989).Google Scholar