A National Biomedical Tracer Facility (NBTF)
The production, supply, and sale of isotopes and related services originating in Department of Energy production and research facilities has been a long-standing activity of DOE and predecessor organizations (AEC and ERDA). The authority for this activity is derived from the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended.
KeywordsPositron Emission Tomography Single Photon Emission Compute Tomography Brookhaven National Laboratory Idaho National Engineer Laboratory Positron Emission Tomography Agent
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Proceedings of the DOE Workshop on The Role of a High-Current Accelerator in the Future of Nuclear Medicine Los Alamos National Laboratory report LA-11579-C (1989).Google Scholar
- 2.Review of the Office of Health and Environmental Research Program on Nuclear Medicine Prepared by a Subcommittee of the Health and Environmental Research Advisory Committee, Office of Energy Research, Department of Energy (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.Opportunities in Chemistry National Academy Press (National Academy Press: Washington, D.C., 1985), p. 265.Google Scholar
- 4.Training Requirements for Chemists in Nuclear Medicine, Nuclear Industry, and Related Areas Board on Chemical Sciences and Technology, Commission on Physical Sciences, Mathematics, and Resources, National Research Council (National Academy Press: Washington, D.C., 1988).Google Scholar
- 5.Summary Report 1986: Doctorate Recipients from United States Universities National Research Council (National Academy Press: Washington, D.C., 1987).Google Scholar
- 6.Secretary of Energy Notice, SEN-23–90; Subject: Support for Science, Mathematics and Engineering, May 21, 1990.Google Scholar