The article surveys qualitative methods of the study of the simplest cosmological models of the Universe in the dissipation-free regime and in the presence of viscosity. For homogeneous cosmological models the Einstein equations reduce to a system ofregular differential equations with rspect to time. Further these equations are rewritten in the form of equations for a dynamical system permitting to analyze possible types of the evolution of solutions in the phase space of this system.
KeywordsPhase Plane Qualitative Theory Cosmological Evolution Gravity Equation Cosmological Singularity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. S. Shikin, The homogeneous axis-symmetric model in the ultra-relativistic case, Doklady Akademii Nauk 176: 1048–1051 (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Belinsky, E. M. Lifshitz, I. M. Khalatnikov, On the construction of the general cosmological solution of the Einstein equation with the singularity in time, ZhETF 62: 1606–1613 (1972).Google Scholar
- 5.O. I. Bogoyavlensky, S. P. Novikov, Peculiarities of the cosmological Biancchi-IX model in terms of the qualitative theory of differential equations, ZhETF 64: 1475–1494 (1973).Google Scholar
- 6.O. I. Bogoyavlensky, “Methods of the qualitative theory of dynamical systems in astrophysics and gas dynamics”, Nauka, Moscow (1980).Google Scholar
- 7.V. A. Belinsky, I.M.Khalatnikov, On the influence of viscosity on the character of cosmological evolution, ZhETF 69: 401–413Google Scholar
- 8.V. A. Belinsky, I. M. Khalatnikov, Viscosity effects in isotropic cosmology, ZhETF 72: 3–17 (1977).Google Scholar
- 9.E. S. Nikomarov, I. M. Khalatnikov, Qualitative isotropic cosmology with the cosmological constant with the dissipation taken into account, ZhETF 75: 1176–1180 (1978).Google Scholar
- 10.V. A. Belinsky, E. S. Nikomarov, I. M. Khalatnikov, The study of cosmological evolution of the viscous-elastic matter with causal thermodynamics ZhETF N 2: 417–433 (1979).Google Scholar
- 11.A. A. Andronov, E. A. Leontovich, I. I. Gordon, A. G. Mayer, The theory of bifurcations of dynamical systems on the plane“, Nauka, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 12.A. A. Andronov, E. A. Leontovich, I. I. Gordon, A. G. Mayer, “Qualitative theory of the second-order dynamical systems”, Nauka, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 13.V. A. Belinsky, I. M. Khalatnikov, On the influence of scalar and vector fields on the character of the cosmological singularity, ZhETF 63: 1121–1134 (1972).Google Scholar
- 14.V. A. Belinsky, I. M. Khalatnikov, On the influence of matter and physical fields upon the nature of cosmological singularities, in: “Soviet Physics Reviews”, Harwood Ac. Publ., Switzerland (1981).Google Scholar
- 15.L. D. Landau, E. M. Lifshitz, “Mechanics of continuous media”, Fizmatgiz, Moscow (1953).Google Scholar