Could Final States of Stellar Evolution Proceed Towards Naked Singularities?
Having the privilege of being present during this manifestation aiming to honour Professor Bergmann on the occasion of his 75th birthday, I am of course wishing to participate in expressing my admiration for his several scientific achievements, although I am not a relativist my self. Thus, being not in the position of offering him some personal contribution in his domain, I will present in this meeting the work on an interesting issue of General Relativity done by Professor Fernando de Felice, who has been once my scholar: he has of course allowed me to do so, and is glad on his own behalf for this opportunity of expressing indirectly his own appreciation on Professor Bergmann’s work.
KeywordsBlack Hole Neutron Star Star Formation Gravitational Collapse Gravitational Radiation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. Misner, K. Thorne, A. Wheeler, “Gravitation”, Freeman, N.Y. (1973).Google Scholar
- 2.F. de Felice and Yu Yunqiang, J. Phys. A 15. 3341 (1982).Google Scholar
- A.S. Endal and S. Sophia Phys. Rev. Lett. 39, 1429 (1977);Google Scholar
- A.S. Endal and S. Sophia Ap.J. 220, 279 (1978);Google Scholar
- A.S. Endal and S. Sophia Ap.J. 232, 539 (1979).Google Scholar
- 6.T. Nakamura, Progr. Theor. Phys. 65, 187 (1981).Google Scholar
- 9.F. de Felice and Yu Yunqiang, Month. Not. 220, 737 (1986).Google Scholar
- 10.F. de Felice, J.C. Miller and Yu Yunqiang, Ap.J. 298, 480 (1985).Google Scholar
- 11.F. de Felice, Mem. Soc. Astr. Ital.54 (1983).Google Scholar
- 12.F. de Felice and L. Sigalotti, Proc.XIV Yamada Conference, Kyoto, World Sc.Pub. (1986).M. N. R. A.S., 1991,in press.Google Scholar
- 14.M. Bradley, A. Curir and F. de Felice, Univ. of Torino report, (1981).Google Scholar