Empirical Expression of Permeability in Terms of Other Petrophysical Properties
Using the multi-variable linear regression analysis, the author developed empirical expressions for permeability in terms of porosity, specific surface area, and irreducible fluid saturation for four carbonate reservoir rock areas in the USSR. The coefficient of correlation varied from 0.981 to 0.997.
KeywordsReservoir Rock Secondary Recovery Carbonate Reservoir Empirical Expression Petrophysical Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Langnes, G. L., Robertson, J. O., Jr. and Chilingar, G. V., 1972. Secondary Recovery and Carbonate Reservoirs. Elsevier, New York, 304 pp.Google Scholar
- 3.Lucia, F. J., 1981. Petrophysical parameters estimated from visual descriptions of carbonate rocks. A field classification of carbonate pore space. SPE of AIME 56th Annual Fall Tech. Conf., San Antonio, Oct. 5–7, SPE 10073: 6 pp.Google Scholar
- 4.Bagrintseva, K. I., 1977. Carbonate Rocks—Oil and Gas Reservoirs. Nedra, Moscow, 231 pp.Google Scholar
- 5.Mao Sisong, Ding Yuan, Zhou Jixiang and Lu Naigang, 1981. Regression Analysis and Experiment Design. East China Normal University, 375 pp.Google Scholar
- 6.Rawlings, J. O., 1988. Applied Regression Analysis: A Research Tool. Wadsworth and Brooks/Cole Advanced Books and Software, Pacific Grove, California, 553 pp.Google Scholar