Application of semi-Markov processes to health care planning: a model to study the flow of patients following the dialysis-transplantation plan
- 229 Downloads
Among the applications of Operations Research in medicine and health care, those aiming at a good utilization of available facilities are particularly important. In this context a major problem is in forecasting future care-needs for a given pathology in a given geographical area, in order to compare the present resources with those which are expected to be required in the future, and to act accordingly (see, e.g., Boldy, 1981).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Annuario Istat (1982). Italian Institute of Statistics.Google Scholar
- Boldy, D. (1981). Operations Research applied to health services Croom Helm, London.Google Scholar
- Howard, R.A. (1971). Dynamic probabilistic systems. vol.11, J.Wiley.Google Scholar
- Pediatrics (1981). 67, no 3, 413.Google Scholar
- Polesel, R. (1083). Un modello di previsione dinamica per il programma dialisi-Trapianto in pediatria. Master Thesis in Mathematics, Univ.of Padova (Italy) (unpublished).Google Scholar
- Proceedings of the “European Dialysis and Transplantation Association” (1980).Google Scholar
- Proceedings of the “European Dialysis and Transplantation Association” (1981).Google Scholar