Homogeneous and Individuated Quantifiers in Natural Language
In mathematical model-theory it is commonly assumed that the domain has a fixed and absolute structure, independent and prior to the interpretation of a language on that domain in a model.
KeywordsNatural Language Semantic Relation Atomic Fact Universal Grammar Descriptive Expression
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barwise, J., 1981a, Scenes and Other Situations, Journal of Philosophy, 78.Google Scholar
- Barwise, J., 1981b, Some Computational Aspects of Situation Semantics, in: “Proceedings of the 19th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics,” C. R. Perrault, ed., SRI, Menlo Park, California.Google Scholar
- Barwise, J., and Perry, J., 1983, “Situations and Attitudes,” Bradford Books, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass.Google Scholar
- van Benthem, J., 1982, “The Logic of Time,” Reidel Publ. Co., Dordrecht.Google Scholar
- van Benthem, J., 1983, Determiners and Logic, Linguistics and Philosophy, 6.Google Scholar
- Kamp, H., 1979, Events, Instants and Temporal Reference, in: “Semantics from Different Points of View,” R. Bäuerle, A. v. Stechow, and U. Egli, eds., Springer Verlag, Berlin.Google Scholar
- Kamp, H., 1983, A Scenic Tour Through the Land of Naked Infinitives, ms. University of Texas, Austin.Google Scholar
- Link, G., 1983, The Logical Analysis of Plurals and Mass Terms: A Lattice-theoretical Approach, in.: “Meaning, Use and Interpretation of Language,” R. Bäuerle, C. Schwarze, and A. v. Stechow, eds., de Gruyter, Berlin.Google Scholar
- ter Meulen, A., 1981, An Intensional Logic for Mass Terms, Philosophical Studies, 40.Google Scholar
- ter Meulen, A., 1984, Events, Quantities and Individuals, in: “Varieties of Formal Semantics,” F. Landman and F. Veltman, eds., GRASS 3, Foris Publ., Dordrecht.Google Scholar
- Montague, R., 1974, “Formal Philosophy,” R. Thomason, ed., Yale University Press, New Haven.Google Scholar
- Partee, B., 1983, Temporal and Nominal Anaphora, ms. University of Massachusetts, Amherst.Google Scholar
- Russell, B., 1971, The Philosophy of Logical Atomism, in: “Logic and Knowledge,” R. C. Marsh, ed., Capricorn, N.Y.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1985