The Use of Airborne Sensor Systems for Environmental Monitoring
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), operating as an important agency within the United States Department of Commerce, is comitted to provide leadership for the environmental air quality (pollution) program of the nation by supporting detection, measurement, forecast, and control functions of NOAA and other government agencies.
KeywordsDroplet Spectrum Radioactive Fission Product Hurricane Research Inertial Platform Cloud Droplet Spectrum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Conrad, G., P. G. Connor and H. A. Friedman, 1972: The NOAA Research Flight Facility: Instrumentation Systems. (In press; to appear as part of the NOAA/ERL Technical Report Series).Google Scholar
- 2.Friedman, H. A., F. S. Cicirelli and W. J. Freedman, 1969a: The ESSA Research Flight Facility: Facilities for Airborne Atmospheric Research. ESSA/ ERL Technical Report, ERL 126-RFF 1. August 1969, 89 pages.Google Scholar
- 3.Friedman, H. A., M. R. Ahrens and H. W. Davis, 1969b: The ESSA Research Flight Facility: Data Processing Procedures. ESSA/ERL Technical Report, ERL 132-RFF 2. November 1969, 64 pages.Google Scholar
- 4.Friedman, H. A. and W. S. Callahan, 1970a: The ESSA Research Flight Facility’s Support of Environmental Research in 1969. Weatherwise 23–4, August 1970, pages 174–181, 185.Google Scholar
- 5.Friedman, H. A., G. Conrad and J. D. McFadden, 1970b: ESSA Research Flight Facility Aircraft Participation in the Barbados Oceanographic and Meteorological Experiment. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 51–9, pages 822–834.Google Scholar
- 6.Hawkins, H. F., K. R. Kurfis, B. M. Lewis and G. Ostlund, 1972: Successful Test of an Airborne Gas Chromatograph. JAM, 11–1, pages 221–226.Google Scholar
- 7.Lappe, U. O., 1969: Preliminary Analysis of the RFF Turbulence System. Final report to the RFF under ESSA contract nos. E 22–21–69(N) and E 22–75–69(N), 122 pages, April 1969.Google Scholar
- 8.McFadden, J. D., R. O. Gilmer and R. E. McGavin, 1970: Water Vapor Flux Measurements from ESSA Aircraft. Proceedings, Sumposium on Tropical Meteorology, Honolulu, Hawaii, pages B III 1–6, August 1970.Google Scholar
- 9.Reber, C. M. and H. A. Friedman, 1964: Manual of Meteorological Instrumentation and Data Processing. U. S. Weather Bureau, Miami, Flordia.Google Scholar
- 10.United States Code, 1970 Edition, Title 42-The Public Health and Welfare, chapter 55, National Environmental Policy, sec. 4321–4395.Google Scholar