Pain in Osteoporosis and Paget’s Disease in the Elderly
Part of the The Springer Series in Adult Development and Aging book series (SSAD)
Osteoporosis is a major public health problem affecting a large proportion of the population. Osteoporosis can be defined as a loss of bone mass which is larger than that expected in the aging process.
KeywordsBone Mineral Density Bone Loss Bone Mass Bone Resorption Spinal Stenosis
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Colditz, G. A., Hankinson, S. E., Hunter, D. J., Willet, W. C., Manson, J. E., Stampfer, M. J., Hennekens, C., Rosner, B, & Speizer, F. E. (1995). The use of estrogens and progestins and the risk of breast cancer in postmenopausal women. New England Journal of Medicine, 332, 1589–1593.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Fleisch, H. (1993). Bisphosphonates in bone disease. Berne: Stampfli-Co.Google Scholar
- Hamdy, R. C. (1994). Paget’s disease of the bone. In H. M. Perry III (Ed.), Clinics in geriatric medicine: The aging skeleton (pp. 719–736). Philadelphia, London, Toronto: W. B. Saunders.Google Scholar
- Smith, E. L., & Gillighan, C. (1990). Exercise and bone mass. In H. H. Luca & R. Mazess(Eds.) Osteoporosis, physiological basis, assessment, and treatment (pp. 285–294). New York, Amsterdam, London: Elsevier.Google Scholar
- Spector, T. D., Keen, R. W., Arden, N. K., Morrison, N. A., Major, P. J., Nguyen, T. V., Kelly, P. J., Baker, J. R., Sambrook, P. N., Lanchbury, J. S., & Eisman, J. A. (1995). Influence of vitamin D receptor genotype on bone mineral density in postmenopausal women: A twin study in Britain. British Medical Journal, 310, 1357–1360.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Tokita, A., Kelly, P. J., Nguyen, T. V., Leslie, A. L., Morrison, N. A., Risteli, L., Sambrook, P. N., & Eisman, J. A. (1994). Genetic influences on type I collagen synthesis and degradation: Further evidence for genetic regulation of bone turnover. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, 78, 1461–1466.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1997