Charting Change—the Use of Systems Concepts in Distance Learning Based Management Education across Europe
The Open University (OU) Systems Group have been presenting distance learning based management courses, which include a large element of systems ideas and concepts, for more than twenty years in the undergraduate programme. Since 1983 the Open University Business School (OUBS) has introduced and developed many of these ideas in their three levels of management development courses — the Professional Certificate in Management for new or aspiring managers, the Professional Diploma for middle managers, and the MBA aimed at senior managers.
KeywordsDistance Learn System Concept System Idea Soft System Methodology Residential School
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Farmer, E., Kornyei, I., and Thomson, A., 1992, The contribution of distance learning to Management Development in Eastern and Central Europe, unpublished paper to the International Organisation Development Association 7th Annual World Conference, December 1992, Coventry Business School.Google Scholar
- B751 1994, Managing Development and Change, The Open University, Milton Keynes.Google Scholar
- B882 1990, Creative Management, The Open University, Milton Keynes.Google Scholar
- B889 1994, Performance Measurement and Evaluation, The Open University, Milton Keynes.Google Scholar
- T245 1995, Managing in Organisations, The Open University, Milton Keynes.Google Scholar
- T247 1996, Working with Systems, The Open University, Milton Keynes.Google Scholar