Forest Fire Monitoring Using a GSM Based System
- 68 Downloads
In many countries, namely Mediterranean, forest fires are, every year, responsible for millions of US dollars of material losses and, often, also for the loss of human lives.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.SRI-10 Forest Fire Detection System-Final Report, ARINC Research Corporation (1995).Google Scholar
- 2.G. Maral. VSAT Networks, J. Wiley (1995).Google Scholar
- 3.P. Wong and D. Britland. Mobile Data Communication Systems, Artech House (1995).Google Scholar
- 4.VIGIFLOR I-Final Project Report (1996).Google Scholar
- 5.F. Ramos, A. Pereira, J. Santos, O. Santos, A. Godinho and S. Baltazar, Two case studies of PC based ISDN applications: telesurveillance and teleimagiology, in: Proceedings of JAMCON’95, pp. 15–18, IEEE Jamaica section (1995).Google Scholar
- 6.L. Corte-Real and A. Alves, A very low bit rate coder based on vector quantization, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 5, pp 263–273, n° 2, February 1996.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1997