Performance of PBMA with Contiguous Slot Assignment for Wireless Multimedia Networks
- 65 Downloads
We analyze the performance of Priority-Based Multiple Access (PBMA) with contiguous slot assignment to provide multiple services in wireless PCN environments. The scheme supports data transmission in ATM cell formats to comply with future service provisions in wireless networks. This study extends previous performance analysis conducted for PBMA by considering contiguous slot assignments to offer multiple services. Unlike in previous studies where analytical/numerical and simulation results were provided, the analysis is only achieved through computer simulation because of the state space explosion problem.
KeywordsProbability Mass Function Channel Utilization Access Delay Voice User Voice Packet
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. Raychaudhuri and N. D. Wilson, “ATM-Based Transport Architecture for Multiservices Wireless Personal Communication Networks” IEEE JSAC., vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 1401–1414, Oct. 1994.Google Scholar
- 2.F. Khan and D. Zeghlache, “Priority-Based Multiple Access (PBMA) for Statistical Multiplexing of Multiple Services in Wireless PCS,” in Proc. of IEEE ICUPC96, pp. 17–21, Sept. 29-Oct. 2 1996, Cambridge, MA, USA.Google Scholar
- 3.F. Khan and D. Zeghlache,“Performance Analysis of a Priority Oriented Multiple Access Mechanism for Wireless PCS”, in Proc. of PIMRC’96, Oct. 15–18, 1996, Taipei, Taiwan.Google Scholar
- 4.D. G. Jeong and W. S. Jeon, “Performance of an Exponential Back-off Scheme for Slotted-ALOHA Protocol in Local Wireless Environment”, IEEE transactions on vehicular technology, vol. 44. No. 3, August 1995.Google Scholar
- 5.M. I. Reiman and J. A. Schmitt, “Performance Models of Multirate traffic in Various Network Implementations”, In proceedings of the 14th International Teletraffic Congress. Antibes, France, 1994.Google Scholar
- 6.G. M. Woodruff and R. Kositpaiboon, “Multimedia Traffic Management Principles for Guaranteed ATM Network Performance”, IEEE JSAC., vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 437–446, April 1990.Google Scholar