Performance Evaluation of Reserved Idle Signal Multiple Access with Collision Resolution
- 65 Downloads
Medium access control (MAC) protocols have proposed since 1970’s for wireless communications networks. Idle Signal Multiple Access (ISMA)  and Reserved Idle Signal Multiple Access (R-ISMA)  were proposed as the examples of those MAC protocols. However, these protocols suffer from the system instability due to the random access mechanism. The instability problem can be found in most of MAC protocols using simple random access such as an ALOHA type with a fixed transmission probability.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K. Mukumoto and A. Fukuda, “Idle Signal Multiple-Access (ISMA) Scheme for Terrestrial Packet Radio Networks,” IEICE Trans., vol. J64-B, no. 10, pp. 66–74, Oct. 1981.Google Scholar
- G. Wu, K. Mukumoto and A. Fukuda, “Performance Evaluation of Reserved Idle Signal Multiple-Access Scheme for Wireless Communication Networks,” IEEE Trans. Veh. Tech., vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 653–658, Aug. 1994.Google Scholar
- D. J. Goodman, R. A. Valenzuela, K. T. Gayliard and B. Ramamurthi, “Packet Reservation Multiple Access for Local Wireless Communications,” IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 37, no. 8, pp. 885–890, Aug. 1989.Google Scholar
- J. I. Capetanakis, “Tree Algorithms for Packet Broadcast Channels,” IEEE Trans. Info. Theory, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 505–515, Sep. 1979.Google Scholar
- B. S. Tsybakov, “Survey of USSR Contributions to Random Multiple-Access Communications,” IEEE Trans. Info. Theory, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 143–165, Mar. 1985.Google Scholar
- R. Rom and M. Sidi, Multiple Access Protocols: Performance and Analysis, Springer-Verlag, New York Inc., 1990.Google Scholar
- F. Watanabe, G. Wu and H. Sasaoka, “Performance Evaluation of Reserved Idle Signal Multiple Access with Collision Resolution,” Proc. MoMuC-3, Princeton, Sep. 1996.Google Scholar
- F. Watanabe, H. Mori, G. Wu and H. Sasaoka, “An Integrated Voice and Data Wireless Information System with R-ISMA/CR,” The General Society Conference of IEICE, B-432, Sept. 1996.Google Scholar
- G. Wu, K. Taira, H. Harada, M. Mizuno, K. Mukumoto and A. Fukuda, “An R-ISMA Integrated Voice/Data Wireless Information System with Different Packet Generation Rates,” Proc. of ICC’96, pp. 1263–1269, Dallas, June 1996.Google Scholar
- B. Maglaris, D. Anastassiou, P. Sen, G. Karlsson and J. D. Robbins, “Performance Models of Statistical Multiplexing in Packet Video Communications,” IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 36, no. 7, pp. 834–844, July 1998.Google Scholar
- F. Kishino, K. Manabe, Y. Hayashi and H. Yasuda, “Variable Bit-Rate Coding of Video Signals for ATM Networks,” IEEE J. Select. Areas in Commun., vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 801–806, June 1989.Google Scholar