Propagation of Surface and Plate Waves
- 302 Downloads
Although bulk P- and S-waves are the types of waves most commonly used in NDE testing, other types of waves may exist in elastic solids that are useful as well. In Chap. 7, we briefly consider properties of surface (Rayleigh) and plate waves that make them attractive for special NDE inspection applications.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. D. Mindlin, Waves and vibrations in isotropic elastic plates, in Structural Mechanics (J. N. Goodier and N. J. Hoff, eds.) (Pergamon, New York, 1960).Google Scholar
- 2.T. R. Meeker and A. H. Meitzler, Guided wave propagation in elongated cylinders and plates, in Physical Acoustics (W. P. Mason, ed.) (Academic, New York, 1964).Google Scholar
- 4.I. A. Viktorov, Rayleigh and Lamb Waves (Plenum, New York, 1967).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Redwood, Mechanical Waveguides (Pergamon, New York, 1960).Google Scholar
- 7.L. M. Brekhovskikh, Waves in Layered Media (Academic, New York, 1960).Google Scholar