Neutral and Doped States of Polymers with Aromatic Rings Studied by Resonance Spectroscopies
In this work, we present spectroscopic studies on conjugated polymers and oligomers containing phenyl ring, focusing on two families of compounds: PPP and PPV. The resonance Raman Scattering (RRS) technique has been extensively utilized to characterise the neutral of doped states of these compounds but also, we have used high resolution solid state NMR to add information on the nature of the elementary excitations which can appear on these polymers or oligomers in their doped state.
KeywordsRaman Spectrum Raman Band Localize Excitation Conjugation Length Dope State
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.D. Braun and A.J. Heeger, Appl. Phys. Lett. 58 (1982).Google Scholar
- 5.See for example, Synth. Met 84 (1997) and references therein.Google Scholar
- 9.S. Lefrant and J.P. Buisson in Organic Molecules for Linear Optics and Photonics p. 313 (1991) eds J. Messier et al, Kluwer Acad Publ.Google Scholar
- 12.S. Lefrant and J.P. Buisson in Frontiers of Polymers and Advanced Materials, p. 289 (1944) eds P.N. Prasad, Plenum Press.Google Scholar
- 13.I. Orion, J.P. Buisson, J. Bullot, M. Spiesser, S. Lefrant, C.R. Acad. Sci. Paris 320 IIb, 515(1995).Google Scholar
- 16.A. Simonneau, Ph. D Thesis (1996), unpublished.Google Scholar
- 19.B. Dulieu, and J. Wéry, to be published.Google Scholar
- 22.I. Orion, J.P. Buisson and S. Lefrant, submitted to Phys. Rev B (1997).Google Scholar