Acid Corrosion Inhibition of Nickel by Some Organic/Macrocyclic Compounds
The corrosion inhibition of nickel in 0.5 M sulfuric acid solution by 2-(triphenyl phosphoranylidene) succinic anhydride (2TPSA),1,4,8,11 tetraazocyclotetradecane (cyclam), and N, N′-bis(2-aminoethyl)-1,3-propane diamine (2,3,2 tet.) have been investigated using DC polarization technique.
The anodic polarization curves of nickel in 0.5 M H2SO4 at different concentrations of the three inhibitors were recorded at room temperature. The critical current density values were used to calculate the percentage inhibition for each inhibitor concentration. The results were compared with fits obtained from the application of Langmuir, Frumkin, Flory-Huggins isotherm, and also from the application of kinetic-thermodynamic model. The results obtained were correlated to the chemical structure and the macrocyclic effect of the inhibitors.
KeywordsLangmuir Isotherm Corrosion Inhibition Critical Current Density Sulfuric Acid Solution Succinic Anhydride
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Reshetnikov, “Metall. Kokskhim”, 89 (1986) p. 14.Google Scholar
- 2.Aramaki, Boshoku Gijutsu, Corros. Eng., 36 (1987), p. 444.Google Scholar
- 4.R. Abd El-Gulil, A. Abd El Fattah, “Corros. Prev. Control”, 34 (1987) p. 149.Google Scholar
- 5.Aramaki, T. Mochizuki, H, H, Nishiha, “10th Inter. Congress on Met. Corros., Madras, India, vol. 3 Oxford and IBH, New Delhi, 1988, p. 2759.Google Scholar
- 6.Aramaki, Kunit Sugu; Nishihava, Hirdshi (Fac. Sci. Technolo., Keio. Univ, Kokohama, Japan 223). J. Elec-trochem. SOC. 1987, 134 (5), 1059-64 (Eng.).Google Scholar
- 7.Muralidharan, M. Verashanmugani, G. Kalaignan, Bull. Electrochem., 1 (1985), p. 373.Google Scholar
- 8.Fillppo, A. Rossi, M. Spezziga, Proceedings of 6th Europ. symp. on Comos. inhibit., Ferrara, Italy, University of Ferrara, (1985).Google Scholar
- 10.El-Awady, B.A. Abd El-Nabey, S.G. Aziz, M. Khalifa and H. Al. Ghamdey. “International Jour. Chem.” vol 1, No. 4 (1990). 169–179.Google Scholar
- 11.El-Awady, BN.A. Abd-El-Nabey, and S.G. Aziz, “Electrochem. Soc.” vol. 139 No. 8 (1992).Google Scholar
- 12.Khamis, F. Bellucci. R.M. Latanision, and E.S.H. El-Ashry “Corrosion” pp. 677-686 (1991).Google Scholar
- 13.Frumkin, “Z. Phys. Chem.”, 116 (1925) p. 466.Google Scholar
- 15.Al-Andouli, F. El-Taib, F. El-Nizami and B. Ateya. Extended Abstracts of the Electrochemical Society Fall meeting, Chicago, Illinas, Electrochem. SOC, Pennington, NJ, p. 188 (1988).Google Scholar