Food as Medicine for Body and Soul
There is a great body of evidence which clearly shows that nutritional factors including phyto chemicals are beneficial in prevention of cancer, heart disease, chronic degenerative disease, and premature aging. Anti oxidants, bioflavonoids and lycopenes as well as specific plants and foods with healing properties, are discussed. A modified fruit fast acts as a catalyst to promote inner healing and enhanced immunity. A mainly vegetarian regime would seem to be the most beneficial dietary program to promote optimal health.
KeywordsCurcuma Longa Vegetarian Diet Cranberry Juice Licorice Root Chronic Degenerative Disease
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Knekt P. et al. Am. J. Epidemial 1994; 139: 180–9.Google Scholar
- ‘Diet, nutrition and the prevention of chronic diseases’ Report of WHO Study Group. 1990.Google Scholar
- Hertog et al. ibid; 1993; 342, 1007-11.Google Scholar
- Effective Nutritional Medicine. Position Paper by BSAEM and British Society of Nutritional Medicine. 1995.Google Scholar
- Dwyer J.T. Health aspects of vegetarian diets. Am. J. Clin Nutri 1988: 48: 712–38.Google Scholar
- Beecher C. Cancer preventive properties of Brassica. Am. J. Clin Nutri 1994; 59: 11665.Google Scholar
- Ornish D. Lifestyle Heart Trial. Lancet 1990: Vol 336; July 21: 1299–133.Google Scholar