Part of the NATO ASI Series book series (NSSB, volume 332)
A Dynamical Systems Approach to the Oscillatory Singularity in Bianchi Cosmologies
We describe the behaviour of the orthogonal Bianchi cosmologies of types VIII and IX near the big-bang in terms of an attractor of a dynamical system. Comparisons are made with previous work.
KeywordsEquilibrium Point Bianchi Type Type VIII Einstein Field Equation Dynamical System Approach
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hobill, D., Bernstein, D., Simkins, D. and Welge, M. (1989), in Proc. 12th Int. Conf. Gen. Rel. Grav., Boulder, Univ. of Colorado, abstracts p. 337.Google Scholar
- Khalatnikov, I.M. and Pokrovsky, V.L. (1972), in Magic without Magic, (ed. J. Klauder), W. H. Freeman, San Francisco, CA.Google Scholar
- Ma, P.K-H. (1988), A Dynamical Systems Approach to the Oscillatory Singularity in Cosmology, M. Math. thesis, University of Waterloo.Google Scholar
- MacCallum, M.A.H. (1979), in Physics of the Expanding Universe, (ed. M. Demianski), Lecture Notes in Physics, Vol. 109, Springer-Verlag, Berlin and Heidelburg.Google Scholar
- Misner, C.W. (1970), in Relativity, (eds., M. Carmelli, S. Fickler, and L. Witten), Plenum Publishing, New York, NY.Google Scholar
- Ryan, M. P., Jr. and Shepley, L.C. (1975), Homogeneous Relativistic Cosmologies, Princeton Univ. Press, Princeton, NJ.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1994