A Dynamical Systems Approach to the Oscillatory Singularity in Bianchi Cosmologies
We describe the behaviour of the orthogonal Bianchi cosmologies of types VIII and IX near the big-bang in terms of an attractor of a dynamical system. Comparisons are made with previous work.
KeywordsEquilibrium Point Bianchi Type Type VIII Einstein Field Equation Dynamical System Approach
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hobill, D., Bernstein, D., Simkins, D. and Welge, M. (1989), in Proc. 12th Int. Conf. Gen. Rel. Grav., Boulder, Univ. of Colorado, abstracts p. 337.Google Scholar
- Khalatnikov, I.M. and Pokrovsky, V.L. (1972), in Magic without Magic, (ed. J. Klauder), W. H. Freeman, San Francisco, CA.Google Scholar
- Ma, P.K-H. (1988), A Dynamical Systems Approach to the Oscillatory Singularity in Cosmology, M. Math. thesis, University of Waterloo.Google Scholar
- MacCallum, M.A.H. (1979), in Physics of the Expanding Universe, (ed. M. Demianski), Lecture Notes in Physics, Vol. 109, Springer-Verlag, Berlin and Heidelburg.Google Scholar
- Misner, C.W. (1970), in Relativity, (eds., M. Carmelli, S. Fickler, and L. Witten), Plenum Publishing, New York, NY.Google Scholar
- Ryan, M. P., Jr. and Shepley, L.C. (1975), Homogeneous Relativistic Cosmologies, Princeton Univ. Press, Princeton, NJ.Google Scholar