Part of the NATO Conference Series book series (NATOCS, volume 9)
Significance of Denitrification on the Strategy for Preserving Lakes and Coastal Areas Against Eutrophication
Eutrophication of lakes and coastal areas is caused by increased loading with nutrients.
KeywordsNitrate Concentration Lake Sediment Overlie Water Denitrification Rate Nitrogen Loading
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Andersen, F.O., 1981, Oxygen and nitrate respiration in a reed swamp sediment from a eutrophic lake, Holarct. Ecol., 4: 66.Google Scholar
- Andersen, J.M., 1975, Influence of pH on release of phosphorus from lake sediments, Arch. Hydrobiol., 76: 411.Google Scholar
- Andersen, J.M., 1977 a, Rates of denitrification of undisturbed sediment from six lakes as a function of nitrate concentration, oxygen and temperature, Arch. Hydrobiol., 80: 147.Google Scholar
- Andersen, J.M., 1977 b, Importance of the denitrification process for the rate of degradation of organic matter in lake sediments, in: “Interactions between sediments and fresh water”, H. L. Golter-man, ed., Proc. SIL/UNESCO Symposium, The Hague.Google Scholar
- Baenens, V.E.A., 1980, The new industrial waste water treatment plant at the chemical works of DSM (Netherlands): design and practical experience, Progr. Wat. Tech., 12: 599.Google Scholar
- Beccari, M., Passino, R., Ramadori, R., and Tandoi, V., 1983, Kinetics of dissimilatory nitrate and nitrite reduction in suspended culture, J. Water Pollut. Control Fed., 55: 58.Google Scholar
- Boström, B., Jansson, M., and Forsberg, C., 1982, Phosphorus release from lake sediments, Arch. Hydrobiol. Beih., 18: 5.Google Scholar
- Christensen, M.H., and Harremoes, P., 1978, Nitrification and denitrification in waste water treatment, in: “Water pollution microbiology”, vol. 2, Mitchell, ed., New York.Google Scholar
- Jansson, M., 1982, Does high nitrate supply induce internal phosphorus loading in lakes ? Vatten, 38: 360.Google Scholar
- Petterson, K., and Boström, B., 1982, A critical analysis of suggested methods for nitrate treatment of sediments, Vatten, 38: 74.Google Scholar
- Ripl, W., 1976, Biochemical oxidation of polluted lake sediment with nitrate: a new lake restoration method, Ambio, 5: 132.Google Scholar
- Ripl, W., 1982, Nitrification - denitrification and phosphorus inactivation in lake sediments: a reply, Vatten, 38: 363.Google Scholar
- Ripl, W., and Lindmark, G., 1978, Ecosystem control by nitrogen metabolism in the sediment, Vatten, 34: 135.Google Scholar
- Srensen, J., 1982, Reduction of ferric iron in anaerobic, marine sediment and interaction with reduction of nitrate and sulphate, Appl. Environ. Microbiol., 42: 5.Google Scholar
- Stumm, W., and Morgan, J.J., 1970, Aquatic chemistry, New York.Google Scholar
- Tirén, T., 1977, Denitrification in sediment water systems of various types of lakes, in: “Interactions between sediment and freshwater”, H.L. Golterman, ed., Proc. SIL/UNESCO Symposium, The Hague.Google Scholar
- Viborg amtskommune, 1982, Skive Fjord - Lovns Bredning og Thisted Bredning, Primaerproduktion og vandkemi, Viborg.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1985