Two-Stage Pulse Tube Refrigerator for 20 K Operation
This paper describes the experimental results of a two-stage pulse tube refrigerator. The purpose of this study is to obtain a lower refrigeration temperature compared with a single stage pulse tube refrigerator. A low vibration linear-motor drive compressor was designed for the two-stage pulse tube refrigerator. As a preliminary experiment, the refrigeration performance of the two-stage pulse tube refrigerator was investigated in combination with a compressor of a commercial GM refrigerator. The lowest temperature achieved was 19.1 K and the refrigeration capacity at 20 K was 100 mW. Lastly the experimental results of the pressure waves in the first and second pulse tubes are shown for the case when the openings of the orifice and double inlet valves are changed.
KeywordsPulse Tube Refrigeration Temperature Refrigeration Capacity Pulse Tube Refrigerator Double Inlet
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gifford. W.E. et al., “Pulse-tube Refrigeration”, ASME paper No.63-WA-290 presented at Winter Annual Meeting of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers. (Nov. 1963). pp. 17-22.Google Scholar
- 2.Gifford. W.E. et al.. “Pulse Tube Refrigeration Progress”, Advances in Cryogenic Engineering Prcnum Press. NY, Vol. 10B( 1965). p.69.Google Scholar
- 7.Ishizaki. Y. et al., “Experimental Performance of Modified Pulse Tube Refrigerator below 80 K down 23 K”, Proceedings of the 7th International Crvocoolcr Conference PL-CP-93-1001, Part 1, (1993), pp.140-146.Google Scholar
- 8.Kuriyama, T. et al., “Development of Pulse Tube Refrigerator with Linear-motor Drive Compressor”, Proceedings of the 7th International Crvocoolcr Conference PL-CP-93-1001. Part 1. (1993), pp. 157-165.Google Scholar
- 9.Ohtani, Y. et al., “High Efficient Pulse Tube Refrigerator with Linear-motor Drive Compressor”, Advances in Cryogenic Engineering Prenum Press. NY, (1994) in print.Google Scholar
- 10.Zhou, Y. et al., “Two-Stage Pulse Tube Refrigerator”, Proceedings of the 5th International Crvocooler Conference,(1988), pp.137-144.Google Scholar
- 11.Tward. E. et al., “Pulse Tube Refrigerator Performance”, Advances in Cryogenic Engineering Prenum Press, NY, Vol.35(1990), pp. 1207–1212.Google Scholar
- 12.Matsubara. Y. et al., “An Experimental and Analytical Investigation of 4 K Pulse Tube Refrigerator”, Proceedings of the 7th International Crvocooler Conference PL-CP-93-1001, Part 1, (1993).. pp. 166-186.Google Scholar
- 13.Gao. J.L. et al., Proceedings of the 51th Meeting on Cryogenics and Superconductivity Japan, (1994). p. 190.Google Scholar