Have You Been Talking to Yourself, René?
the characterisation of emancipation as an a priori assumption is intrinsically invalid within any sceptical systemic discourse, and that
the conventions of validation are in any case inadequately theorised. An alternative analysis is offered, using a Cartesian methodology in a conversational (as opposed to introspective) context.
KeywordsSystem Thinking Ontological Commitment Moral Commitment Critical System Thinking Epistemological Commitment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brauer, A., 1993, “Why do they try to nail jelly to the sky?”, MA dissertation, University of East Anglia.Google Scholar
- Descartes, R., (translated by J. Veitch), 1912, “A Discourse on Method”, Dent, London.Google Scholar
- Flood, R.L., 1993, Practising freedom; designing, debating, and disemprisoning, International Journal of Management Sciences. Vol. 21. No 1:7.Google Scholar
- Gregory, W., 1994, Critical appreciation: thinking, speaking and acting critically, in: “New Systems Thinking and Action for a New Century”, Proceedings of the 38th annual meeting of ISSS, B. Brady and L. Peeno. eds., Louisville.Google Scholar
- Hammond, D., 1994, “Evaluating the Ethical Implications of Systems Thinking”, internal paper, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley.Google Scholar
- Kant, I., (1787), “Critique of Pure Reason”, 2nd edition, (Translated by Smith, N.K., published in 1933), MacMillan, Bassingstoke.Google Scholar
- Midgley, G., 1992, Pluralism and the legitimation of systems science, Systems Practice. Vol. 5 No.2.Google Scholar
- Polanyi, M., 1969, “Knowing and Being”, Routledge and Kegan Paul, London.Google Scholar
- Ulrich, W., 1991, Critical heuristics of social system design in: “Critical Systems Thinking”, R.L. Flood, and M.C. Jackson, eds., John Wiley & Sons, Chichester.Google Scholar
- Vahl, M., 1992, The use of stories in systemic enquiry, subject to local culture, in: “Libro de la Conferencia Internacional de Trabajo”, Insitituto Andino de Sistemas, Lima.Google Scholar