Electron Impact Ionization of Hydrogenic Ions in Asymmetric Geometries
Interest in collisional processes involving ions has recently increased, and more results, both theoretical and experimental, are becoming available. Some experimental measurements of total and single differential cross sections for electron impact ionization of positively charged ions have been obtained in the past few years 1–8, although measurements of triple differential cross sections (TDCS) are not yet available. The TDCS for electron impact ionization of He+ and Li+ has been calculated by Biswas and Sinha 9, 10 for very asymmetric geometry in the context of an eikonal approximation.
KeywordsNuclear Charge Eikonal Approximation Symmetric Geometry Final Channel Distort Wave Bear Approximation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.D.H. Crandall, R.A. Phaneuf, B.E. Hasselquist and D.C. Gregory, Measured cross section for ionization of C(3+), N(1+), and O(s+) ions with contribution due to excitation-ionization,J.Phvs. B 12 L249 (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.S.M. Younger, Electron impact ionization cross section for highly ionized hydrogen-and lithium-like atoms, Phys. Rev. A 22 11 1 (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.Younger S M 1982 Phys. Rev. Lett. 26 3177 (1982).Google Scholar
- 5.N.R. Badnell, D.C. Griffin and M.S. Pindzola, Electron impact ionization of Cot- ), J.Phvs. B 24 L275 (1991).Google Scholar
- 6.S. Rachafi, D.S. Belié, M. Duponchelle, J. Jureta, M. Zambra, Z. Hui and P. Defrance, Absolute cross section measurements for electron impact ionization of Ar (? + ), J Phys. B 24 1037 (1991).Google Scholar
- 7.D. Fang, W. Hu, J. Tang, Y. Wang and F. Yang, Phys. Rev. A 47 1861 (1993).Google Scholar
- 9.R. Biswas and C. Sinha, Electron-impact ionization of a hydrogenic ion, Phys. Rev. A 50 350 (1994).Google Scholar
- 10.R. Biswas and C. Sinha, Triple differential cross section for ionization of helium-like lithium by electron impact,J.Phys. B 28 1311 (1995).Google Scholar
- 11.O. Rath Spivack, J. Rasch, C.T. Whelan, R.J. Allan and H.R.J. Walters, (e,2e) processes with positive ion targets, in: Proceedings of Euroconference on Coincidence Studies, G. Stefani and L. Avaldi, eds., Trieste (1995).Google Scholar
- 12.O. Rath Spivack, J. Rasch, C.T. Whelan, R.J. Allan and H.R.J. Walters, (e,2e) processes with hydrogenic ion targets in coplanar symmetric geometry, submitted to J. Phys. B., (1996).Google Scholar
- 15.C.T Whelan, R.J. Allan, J. Rasch, H.R.J. Walters, X. Zhang, J. Röder, K. Jung and H. Ehrhardt, Coulomb three-body effects in (e,2e) collisions: the ionization of H in coplanar symmetric geometry, Phys. Rev. A 50 4394 (1994).Google Scholar
- 16.J. Röder, J. Rasch. K. Jung, C.T. Whelan, H. Ehrhardt, R.J. Allan and H.R.J. Walters, Coulomb three-body effects in low energy impact ionization of H(1s), Phys. Rev. A 53 225 (1996).Google Scholar