Measurements of Spin Polarized (e,2e) Processes at 54.4 eV
The emphasis of our (e,2e) studies is directed towards understanding the spin behavior of the three-body coloumb problem when two continuum electrons emerge from a positively charged ion. At low energies distinct correlations are present between spin and momentum of these electrons and interesting effects are expected for the observable spin asymmetries. In coplanar geometry we extended our first measurements with equal energy of the outgoing electrons to asymmetric energy-sharing conditions using lithium atoms as target.
KeywordsAtomic Beam Lithium Atom Spin Orientation Spin Asymmetry Continuum Electron
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.K.-H. Besch, M. Sauter, and W. Nakel contribution to Ettroconfererue on Coincidence Studies of Electron and Photon Impact Ionization, Belfast, (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.T. Simon, S. Mette, and G. F. Hanne, XIX. ICPLAC Book of Abstracts (1995) 223Google Scholar
- 5.S. Jones, D. H. Madison, and G. F. Hanne Phys. Rev Lett 72, 2443 (1994), and D. H. Madison, V. D. Kravtsov, S. Jones, and R. P. McEachran, Phys. Rev. A 53, 2399 (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.G. Baum in Proceedings of the Workshop on Photocathodes for Polarized Electron Sources for Acceleration, M. Chatwell et al., eds, SLAG Report 432 Rev. (1994) p. 13Google Scholar
- 10.J. Rasch and C. T. Whelan, priv. comm. 1996Google Scholar