Higher-Order Squeezing and Generalized Uncertainty Relations in Non-Degenerate Parametric Down Conversion
The concept of higher-order squeezing of single-mode quantum electromagnetic field was first introduced and applied to degenerate parametric down conversion by Hong and Mandel in 1985.1,2 Lately Xizeng Li and Ying Shan have calculated the higher-order squeezing in the process of degenerate four wave mixing3, and present the higher-order uncertainty relations in single-mode squeezed states4. As a natural generalizaton of Hong and Mandel’s work, we introduced the theory of higher-order squeezing of the quantum fields and the generalized uncertainty relations in two-mode squeezed state in 19945. In this paper we study the higher-order squeezing of the quantum field and the generalized uncertainty relations in non-degenerate parametric down conversion (NDPDC) by means of the above theory.
KeywordsUncertainty Relation Signal Wave Heisenberg Picture Initial Quantum Idle Wave
- 1.C.K:Hong and L.Mandcl, Phys.Rev.Lett. 54: 323 (1985).Google Scholar
- 3.Xi/el-1g Li and Ying Shan, Phys. Rev. A40: 7384 (1989).Google Scholar
- 4.Xücng Li and Ying Shan, Technical Digest of the X VI International Conference on Quantum Electronics:180, Tokyo, Japan (1988).Google Scholar
- 5.Xireng Li and Baoxia Su, in: “Proceedings of the Third International Workshop on Squeezed States and Uncertainty Relations”, ed. by D.Han, Y.S.Kim and W.W Zachary. NASA CP.3270:33, Washington DC, U.S.A(1994)Google Scholar
- 6.C.M.Caves and B.L.Schumaker, Phys. Rev. A31: 3086 (1985).Google Scholar