Electromagnetically Induced Transparency in Rubidium Atoms: Enhancement of Four-Wave Mixing
CW-electromagnetically induced transparency (EIT) has been observed both in a lambda-type1 and a ladder-type2 three-level system of rubidium atoms. In particular, quantum interference of life-time broadened dressed states has been observed directly and dispersion properties of EIT were measured.1,2 In this paper, we report an experiment on enhancement of non-degenerate four-wave mixing (NDFWM) using EIT in a lambda-type three-level system of rubidium atoms.
KeywordsAtomic Density Electromagnetically Induce Transparency Pump Wave Rb87 Atom Beat Signal
- 1.Yong-ping Li and Min Xiao, Phvs. Rev. A51, R2703 (1995); A51, 4959 (1995).Google Scholar
- 2.Yong-ging Li. Shao-zheng Jin, and Min Xiao, Phys. Rev. A51, R1754 (1995);Google Scholar
- Min Xiao, Yong-ging Li, Shao-zheng Jin, and J. Gea-Banacloche, Phys. Rev. Lett. 74, 666 (1995).Google Scholar
- 3.S.E. Harris et al, Phys. Rev. Lett. 64, 1107 (1990);Google Scholar
- M. Jain et al, Opt. Lett. 18, 998 (1993).Google Scholar