New Developments in the Use of Solid State Nuclear Track Detectors
The use of solid state nuclear track detectors (SSNTDs) in neutron dosimetry and neutron capture radiography (NCR) makes them a potentially important tool in neutron capture therapy: characterization of the epithermal neutron beam (neutron spectrometry) and mapping of the boron distribution (a/Li autoradiography) are key factors in the implementation of this therapy.
KeywordsConfocal Laser Scanning Microscope Boron Neutron Capture Therapy Acridin Orange Solid State Nuclear Track Detector Neutron Spectrometry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.e.g., inRadiation Protection Dosimetry Vol. 20 No. 1/2, 1987 and in Proceedings of International Conferences on Particle Tracks in Solids.Google Scholar
- 4.A. P. Fews et. al. in Proc. 5th Symp. on Neutron Dosimetry 1984, pp. 479–89.Google Scholar
- 7.J. E. Woolard et. al., An alpha autoradiographic technique for spatial quantification of 10B concentrations in tissue, Nucl. Sci. and Eng. 110: 96–103, 1992.Google Scholar
- 8.O. K. Harling et. al., Boron neutron capture therapy and radiation synovectomy research at the MIT research reactor, Nuel. Sci. and Eng. 110: 330–348, 1992.Google Scholar
- 9.B. Larsson et. al., Preparation of tissue sections for high-resolution microradiography by neutron or x-ray activation, in Hadrontherapy in Oncology, U. Amaldi and B. Larsson, ed., Elsevier, 1994, pp. 697–703.Google Scholar
- 10.S. A. Durrani, R. K. Bull, Solid State Nuclear Track Detection, Pergamon Press, 1987.Google Scholar
- 12.B. G. Cartwright et. al., A nuclear track recording polymer of unique sensitivity and resolution, NIM 153: 457–460, 1978.Google Scholar
- 13.Track Analysis Systems Limited, HH Wills Physics Laboratory, Tyndall Ave., Bristol BS8 1TL UK.Google Scholar
- 14.Pershore Mouldings Limited, Trading Estate, Pershore, Worcestershire WR102DH England.Google Scholar
- 17.M. Sohrabi, Sh. Mandi, A quick DYECET method for ECE particle tracks in polymer detectors, Nocl. Tracks and Rad. Meas. Vol. 22 Nos l-4 165–169, 1993.Google Scholar
- 18.J. Arkuszewski et. al., An accelerator-based neutron capture microradiography facility for studies of 10B, 14N, and 160 in biospecimens, in Hadrontherapy in Oncology, U. Amaldi and B. Larsson, ed., Elsevier, 1994, pp. 613–619.Google Scholar
- 19.G. S. Bauer, SINQ, The Spallation Neutron Source at PSI, published at PSI 1992.Google Scholar