Carbohydrate and Cancer
As noted by the Committee on Diet, Nutrition, and Cancer (1982), dietary intake of carbohydrate in relation to cancer has received much less attention than intake of fat and protein, the two other macronutrients of the diet.
KeywordsBreast Cancer Gastric Cancer Mammary Tumor Dietary Carbohydrate Dietary Sugar
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Carroll, K. K., 1977, Dietary factors in hormone-dependent cancers, in: Current Concepts in Nutrition, Volume 6 Nutrition and Cancer ( M. Winick, ed.), Wiley, New York, pp. 25–40.Google Scholar
- Carroll, K. K., 1986a, Dietary fat and cancer: Specific action or caloric effect? J. Nutr. 116: 1130–1132.Google Scholar
- Carroll, K. K., 1986b, Experimental studies on dietary fat and cancer in relation to epidemiological data, in: Progress in Clinical Biological Research, Volume 222, Dietary Fat and Cancer ( C. Ip, D. F. Birt, A. E. Rogers, and C. Mettlin, eds.), Alan R. Liss, New York, pp. 231–248.Google Scholar
- Carroll, K. K., and Khor, H. T., 1975, Dietary fat in relation to tumorigenesis, Prog. Biochem. Pharmacol. 10: 308–353.Google Scholar
- Committee on Diet, Nutrition, and Cancer, Assembly of Life Sciences, National Research Council, 1982, Diet, Nutrition, and Cancer, National Academy Press, Washington, D.C.Google Scholar
- Hei, T. K., and Sudilovksy, 0., 1985, Effects of a high-sucrose diet on the development of enzyme-altered foci in chemical hepatocarcinogenesis in rats, Cancer Res. 45: 2700–2705.Google Scholar
- Kritchevscky, D., 1986, Fat, calories and fiber, in: Progress in Clinical Biological Research, Vol. 222, Dietary Fat and Cancer ( C. Ip, D. F. Birt, A. E. Rogers, and C. Mettlin, eds.), Alan R. Liss, New York, pp. 495–515.Google Scholar
- Reddy, B. S., 1986, Dietary fat and cancer: Specific action or caloric effect, J. Nutr. 116: 1132–1135.Google Scholar
- Risch, H. A., Jain, M., Choi, N. W., Fodor, G., Pfeiffer, C. J., Howe, G. R., Harrison, L. W., Craib, K. J. P., and Miller, A. B., 1985, Dietary factors and the incidence of cancer of the stomach, Am. J. Epidemiol. 122: 947–959.Google Scholar
- Sato, A., Nakajima, T., Koyama, Y., Shirai, T., and Ito, N., 1984, Dietary carbohydrate level as a modifying factor on 3’-methyl-4-dimethylaminoazobenzene liver carcinogenesis in rats, Gann 75: 665–671.Google Scholar