Fiber-Optic Vibration and Acoustic Sensor Systems for Airport Ground Traffic Monitoring
Fiber-optic microinterferometer vibration and acoustic sensor systems are described which are developed for optical monitoring of traffic related parameters via long (km distances) single mode fiber downleads. Results of initial field tests in an Experimental Surface Movement Guidance and Control System (ESMGCS) for airport ground traffic surveillance are presented.
KeywordsVibration Sensor Acoustic Sensor Blade Propeller Superluminescent Diode Flight Guidance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Interim Report of EUROCAE working group 41: Surface Movement Guidance and Control Systems (1993), pp. 104–109Google Scholar
- 2.D. Dippe, Elements and functions of the future ground movement management system, in: N. Fürstenau, ed. From Sensors to Situation Assessment, Proc. of Colloquium, DLR, Inst. of Flight Guidance, Braunschweig, 3–4 May 1995, DLR-Mitteilung Mitt. 96–02, pp. 23–35Google Scholar
- 5.D. Janzen, N. Fürstenau, W. Goetze Fiber-optic sensors for smart taxiways, in: Smart Structures: Optical Instrumentation and Sensing Systems, Proc. SPIE vol. 2509 (1995) 36–45Google Scholar
- 6.N. Fürstenau, W. Schmidt, T. Beyer, A. Werner Interferometric vibration and acoustic sensor systems for airport ground traffic monitoring, in: Distributed and multiplexed fiber optic sensors VI, Denver 1996, Proc. SPIE, vol 2838 (1996) paper 22 Google Scholar
- 7.L. Meirovitch, Elements of Vibration Analysis, McGraw-Hill New York 1986, 223 ffGoogle Scholar