Phase-Locking of High-Order Harmonics to the Fundamental Field
High harmonic generation in rare gases is by now a well understood and well characterized phenomenon (L’Huillier et al., 1995). The applicational aspect of the generated radiation attracts more and more interest, and the harmonic radiation is currently being both optimized and characterized. Recently the harmonic radiation has been extended into the water window (Chang et al., 1997), and both the temporal (Schins et al. 1996, Glover et al 1996), and spatial (Tisch et al., 1994, Salières et al., 1994) characteristics have been measured. For applicational purposes, the coherence properties of the harmonic radiation are of course very important. The spatial coherence has recently been investigated both experimentally (Ditmire et al., 1996) and theoretically (Salières et al., 1997), and found to be dependent on the focusing conditions as well as the intensity.
KeywordsFringe Pattern High Harmonic Generation Harmonic Radiation Near Infrared Radiation Farfield Pattern
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- L’Huillier, A., Lompré, L.-A., Mainfrey, G., and Manus, C., 1992, in Atoms in Intense Laser Fields, Ed. M. Gavrila ( Academic Press, New York).Google Scholar
- L’Huillier, A., et al., 1995, J. of Nonl. Opt. Phys. and Mat. 4:647.Google Scholar
- Salières, P., Ditmire, T., Budil, K. S., Perry, M. D., and L’Huillier, A., 1994, J. Phys. B 27: L217.Google Scholar
- Salières, P., L’Huillier, A., Antoine, P., and Lewenstein, M., 1997, Adv. in At., Molec. and Opt. Phys. Schins, J. M., Breger, P., Agostini, P., Constantinescu, R. C., Muller, H. G., Bouhal, A., Grillon, G., Antonetti, A., and Mysyrowicz, A., 1996, JOSA B 13: 197.Google Scholar
- Tisch, J. W. G., Smith, R. A., Mullet, J. E., Ciarocca, M., Marangos, J. P., andGoogle Scholar