Current Clinical Experience with Nevirapine for HIV Infection
Nevirapine is a non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor specific for HIV-1.1,2 This review will focus on some clinically important aspects of the pharmacology and virology of nevirapine, as well as adverse events and the results of some completed clinical studies.
KeywordsHuman ImmunodefiCIency VIruS Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type Human ImmunodefiCIency VIruS Infection Human ImmunodefiCIency VIruS Disease Human Immunodefiency Virus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Merluzzi VJ. Hargrave KD, Labadia M. Inhibition of HIV-1 replication by a nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor. Science 1990;. 250; 1411–3.Google Scholar
- 3.Nevirapine Investigator’s Brochure. Boerhinger-Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc. 1994.Google Scholar
- 9.Cheeseman SH. Havlir D. McLaughlin MM, et al. Phase I/1I evaluation of nevirapine alone and in combination with zidovudine for infection with human immunodeficiency virus. J Acquir Immun Defic Syndrom Related Retrovir 1995; 8: 141–51.Google Scholar
- 12.Richman DD. Nevirapine resistance during clinical trials (abstract). In: Abstracts of the Second International Workshop on HIV Drug Resistance; Noordwijk, June 1993: 26.Google Scholar
- 13.Carr A Vasak E, Munro V, Penny R, Cooper DA. Immunohistological assessment of cutaneous drug hypersensitivity in patients with HIV infection. Clin Exp Immunol 1994; 97: 250–3.Google Scholar
- 15.de Jong M, and the Dutch-Italian-Australian Nevirapine Study Group. Antiviral response to nevirapine monotherapy in nucleoside naive persons. In: Abstracts of the 10th International Conference on AIDS, Yokohama, Japan, August, 1994; Abstract PB0847.Google Scholar
- 16.Can A, and the Australian-Italian-Dutch Nevirapine Study Group. Efficacy of nevirapinn added to zidovudine in p24-positive HIV-1-infected patients with CD4+ counts less than 500/nun. In: Abstracts of the 10th International Conference on AIDS, Yokohama, Japan, August, 1994; Abstract 511B.Google Scholar
- 17.Fischi MA. Efficacy and toxicities of combination antiretroviral therapies. In: Program of the 2nd International Congress on Drug Therapy of HIV Infection, Glasgow, United Kingdom, November, 1994: Abstract 7. 2.Google Scholar