Psychology Cannot Take Leave of Common Sense
My three critics have raised a number of metatheoretical questions, and I will try to comment on them at the metatheoretical level too. However, I also hope to make it clear that the issues can only begin to be clarified when the discussion moves to the level to actual psychological research.
KeywordsCommon Sense Ordinary Language True Proposition Conceptual Truth Language Term
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Israel, J. The language of dialectics and the dialectics of language. Copenhagen: Munksgaard, 1979.Google Scholar
- Israel, J. Om konsten att blasa upp en ballong innifrhn. Göteborg: Korpen, 1982.Google Scholar
- Smedslund, J. Becoming a psychologist. Theoretical foundations for a humanistic psychology. New York: Halsted Press and Oslo: Universitetsforlaget, 1972.Google Scholar
- Smedslund, J. Seven common sense rules of psychological treatment. Journal of the Norwegian Psychological Association, 1982, 19, 441–449. (b)Google Scholar
- Smedslund, J. Revising explications of common sense through dialogue: Thirty-six psychological theorems. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology, 1982, 23. (c)Google Scholar
- van der Waerden, B. L. Science awakening. Groningen, Holland: Noordhoff, 1954.Google Scholar