Predictors of Institutional Care in Parkinson’s Disease
Part of the Advances in Behavioral Biology book series (ABBI, volume 44)
Despite advances in the management and support of patients with Parkinson’s disease, the pathological process remains progressive.
KeywordsInstitutional Care Institutional Placement Nursing Home Placement Disease Severity Activity Mental Test Score
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 2.R.L. Sutcliffe, B. Prior, B.Mawby, W. J. McQuillan, Parkinson’s disease in the district of the Northhampton Health authority, UK. A study of prevalence and disability, Acta Neurol. Scand. 72: 363–79 (1985).Google Scholar
- 3.H.M. Hodkinson, Evaluation of a mental test score for assessment of mental impairment in the elderly, Age and Aging 1: 223–8 (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.C. Collins, D. Wade, S. Davis, V. Home, The Barthel ADL index: a reliability study, Int. Disabil. Stud. 10: 61–3 (1988).Google Scholar
- 6.B.C. Robinson, Validation of a caregiver strain index, J. Gerontol. 3: 344–8 (1983).Google Scholar
- 7.C. G. Goetz, G.T. Stebbins, Hallucinations as a risk factor for nursing home placement in Parkinson’s disease: Case-control study, Mov. Disord. Vol 7,Suppl 1 (1992).Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1995