Sensitivity Analysis of Lagrangian Stochastic Models for CBL with Different PDF’s and Turbulence Parameterizations
It is known (Thomson, 1987) that Ito’s type stochastic models (LS) satisfy the well-mixed condition and hence are physically consistent. An Eulerian probability density function (PDF) of the turbulent velocities, as close as possible to the actual atmospheric PDF, must be prescribed in order to specify the model. Unfortunately these models have a unique solution in one-dimension only (Sawford and Guest, 1988). For this reason the present study will focus on one-dimensional diffusion simulation.
KeywordsProbability Density Function Convective Boundary Layer Normalise Mean Square Error Turbulence Parameterization Lagrangian Stochastic Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Durst F., Jovanovic J. and Johansson T.G., 1992, On the statistical properties of truncated Gram-Charlier series expansions in turbulent wall-bounded flows, Phys. Fluids, A 4, 118–126Google Scholar
- Ferrero E., Anfossi D., Tinarelli G. and Trini Castelli S., An intercomparison of two turbulence closure schemes and four parametrizations for stochastic dispersion models, Nuovo Cimento 20C, 315-329Google Scholar
- Kendall M. and Stuart A., 1977, The advanced theory of statistics, MacMillan, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Lenschow D.H., Mann J., Kristensen L., 1994, How long is long enough when measuring fluxes and other turbulence statistics, J. Atm., Ocean. Techn., 661-673Google Scholar
- Luhar A.K. and Britter R.E., 1989, A random walk model for dispersion in inhomogeneous turbulence in a convective boundary layer, Atmos. Environ., 23, 1191–1924Google Scholar
- Morselli M.G. and Brusasca G., 1991, MODIA: Pollution dispersion model in the atmosphere, Environmental Software Guide, 211-216.Google Scholar
- Rodean H.C., 1994, Notes on the Langevin model for turbulent diffusion of “marked” particles, UCRL-ID-115869 Report of Lawrence Livermore National LaboratoryGoogle Scholar
- Sawford B.L. and Guest F.M., 1988, Uniqueness and universality of Lagrangian stochastic models of turbulent dispersion, 8th Symposium on Turbulence and Diffusion, San Diego, CA, A.M.S., 96-99 Tampieri F. (personal communication)Google Scholar