Part of the NATO ASI Series book series (NSSA, volume 284)
Digital image acquisition and display is compared with traditional photography. Some of the criteria used to evaluate the quality of images and tips for testing them in digital imaging are reviewed.
KeywordsHorizontal Resolution Modulation Transfer Function Video Signal Luminance Ratio Acquisition Step
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Adams, A. 1981 The negative. Little, Brown and Company, Boston.Google Scholar
- Becerra, J. M., E. Bello and A. Garcia-Valdecasas 1993. Building your own machine image system: A user point of view. Pages 65–92 in L. F. Marcus, E. Bello, and A. Garcia-Valdecasas (eds.), Contributions to morphometrics. Monografias del Museo Nacional de Ciencias Naturales 8, Madrid.Google Scholar
- Edmund Scientific. 1994. Annual reference catalog. 101 E. Gloucester Pike, Barrington, NJ 08007–1380, USA.Google Scholar
- Fink, W. L. 1990. Data acquisition for morphometric analysis in Systematic biology. Pages 9–19 in F. J. Rohlf and F. L. Bookstein, (eds.), Proceedings of the Michigan morphometrics workshop. University of Michigan Museum of Zoology Special Publication no. 2: Ann Arbor.Google Scholar
- Inoué, S. 1986. Video microscopy. Plenum Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Janesic, J. R., T. Elliot, S. Collins, N. M. Blouke and J. Freeman. 1987. Scientific charged-coupled devices. Optical Engineering 26: 692–714.Google Scholar
- MacLeod, N. 1990. Digital images and automated image analysis systems. Pages 21–35 in F. J. Rohlf and F. L. Bookstein, (eds.), Proceedings of the Michigan morphometrics workshop. University of Michigan Museum of Zoology Special Publication no. 2: Ann Arbor.Google Scholar
- Meacham, C. E. 1992. Practical machine vision for morphometrics data acquisition. In J. T. Sorensen and R. G. Footitt, (eds.), Ordinations in the study of morphology, evolution, and systematics of fishes: Applications and quantitative genetics rationales. Elsevier: Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Miyake, Y., S. Inoué, Y. Tamoto, and S.Kubo. 1984. Evaluation of image quality of digital pictures obtained by drum scanner and photo-printer. Pages 62–66 in H. M. Graves (ed.), Photographic and electronic image quality. Royal Photographic Society: Cambridge.Google Scholar
- Reis, C. 1993. What a $150 PC imaging board can deliver right now. Advanced Imaging (May): 32–34.Google Scholar
- Russ, J. C. 1992. The image processing handbook. CRC Press: Boca Raton, Florida.Google Scholar
- Stroebel, L., J. Compton, I. Current, and R. Zakia. 1986. Photographic materials and processes. Focal Press: Boston.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1996